Tom Oberhue Martial Arts Instructor
- Jiu Jitsu Group Classes (BJJ 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Juniors' Program
- "A Firma" Skill Development Groups
- Portland State University (PSU) Jiu JItsu Class
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Nutrition for Athletes (NFA)
"I consider myself lucky to do what I love: sharing my passion for Jiu Jitsu while helping people to learn and grow. I strive to create a positive, thoughtful, challenging and athletic environment whenever I teach. Five Rings Jiu Jitsu is a dream come true."
- 25+ years actively training in martial arts
- 12+ years Head Coach / Owner of gym
- 12 years public school teacher
- 2012 Silver - Pan-American BJJ Championship: Black Belt | Senior 2 | Middle Wgt.
- 2012 Bronze - Pan-American BJJ Championship: Black Belt | Senior 1 | Middle Wgt.
- 2009 Silver - Pan-American BJJ Championship: Black Belt | Senior 1 | Middle Wgt.
- 2010 Referee - International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation (IBJJF)
- 2010 Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Certified
- 2009 Head Coach of Five Rings Jiu Jitsu + Fitness
- 2009 Cosgroves' Fitness Gym Mentorship - Los Angeles, CA
- 2008 Performance Enhancement Specialist (NASM - PES)
- 2008 Sports Enhancement Specialist (USA Weightlifting / Olympic Lifting)
- 2008 Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning Mentorship - Boston, MA
- 2006 Certified Personal Trainer (NASM - CPT)
- 2005 Co-creator: Combative Conditioning DVD series
- 2004 Co-creator: Cross-Side Top - Pressures and Concepts
- 2004 Black Belt in BJJ (Machado - Haueter)
- 2004 SBGi Full Instructor / Head Coach
- 1998 - 2009 Head Coach / Owner of SBG Beaverton / IMPACT JJ
- 1997 Graduate of 1st Instructors' Candidate Course (ICC) at SBG
- 1995 Master's in Education + Professional Teaching License
- 1994 Black Belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do Kung Fu
- 1993 Began coaching youth martial arts
- 1985 Began training in martial arts
*Extensive background checks have been performed for each instructor*