Grapple-a-thon - 1st Annual | August 13, 2016
Five Rings is proud to announce the beginning of a new tradition - our annual grapple-a-thon for a cause.
- How to Donate to the Dougy Center, Our Goal, and and a Donation Update: HERE
- Video on Dougy Center and the great things it does: HERE
- Informational Video #2 (Early Registration details, Joy-Jitsu / fun rolls are the format, and Carnival / Party aspect of the Grapple-a-Thon: HERE
- Info. video #1 HERE
As of Thursday August 11, (37 days in | 2 days to go): 37 folks donated a total of $4,175.
As of Thursday August 4, (30 days in | 9 days to go): 25 folks donated a total of $2,090.
As of Monday August 1, (27 days in | 12 days to go): 21 folks donated a total of $1,695.
As of Thursday July 28, (23 days in | 16 days to go): 18 folks donated a total of $635.
As of Thursday July 21, (16 days in | 23 days to go): 15 folks donated a total of $495.
As of Thursday July 14, (9 days in | 30 days to go): 12 folks donated a total of $430.
As of Thursday July 7, (2 days in | 37 days to go): 7 folks donated a total of $280.
Please refer back to this page frequently as it will be constantly updated with new information.
Five Rings’ Grapple-a-thon 2016
When: Saturday, August 13
Time: 10 am – 5 pm (7 hours of fun | 6 hours of solid rolling)
5 min rolls
1 min rest
10 per hours X 7 hours = 70 rounds total
All athletes + academies welcome
These are not tournament intensity rounds, these are rolls for a cause, to help the community, and for fun!
Full detailed schedule of the day and events will be posted soon.
Cause: The Dougy Center www.dougy.org
The mission of The Dougy Center is to provide support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults and their families who are grieving a death can share their experiences. Through our National Center for Grieving Children & Families, The Dougy Center also provides support, resources and training locally, nationally and internationally to individuals and organizations seeking to assist children in grief using The Dougy Center model.
Entry fee: Minimum of $30 of donations. In order to participate, grapplers must have a minimum of a $30 donation to the cause. We strongly encourage people to seek outside pledges for your participation in the Grapple-a-Thon; either on a per round pledge format or a flat fee donation. ALL proceeds go to the Dougy Center.
Online donations will close Wednesday, August 10, at 11:59 pm. After that, all donations must be submitted in person (cash or check written to "The Dougy Center") at Five Rings.
1. Most donations collected
2. Most rounds completed
3. Samurai Status – 25 rounds completed
4. Shogun Status – 50 rounds complete
1. Early registration prize - FREE Grapple-a-Thon Shirt | Anyone registering through the Dougy Center website between July 6 - 12 will receive a shirt*
* folks will still be able to raise money and increase their overall fundraising contribution post the initial registration.
2. GRAND PRIZE: The person that raises the most money for the Dougy Center will receive a round trip ticket to San Diego, two nights lodging in a hotel, and a FREE hour long private with Saulo Ribeiro.
3. Blue Ribbon Prizes: Those folks that roll 25 or more rounds will be put in a drawing to earn a free one hour private with James Puopolo, James Foster, or Amanda Diggins - three super talents of the Pacific Northwest! ! !
4. Effort Prizes: 25 completed rounds earns a participant a Samurai Patch. 50 completed rounds earns a participant a Shogun Patch
5. Raffle Prizes: For every 5 rounds wrestled, 1 drawing ticket is earned for the following items:
* Musashi Gi
* OSS Gi
* OSS Shirts x 2,
* Caio DVD
* Car Detail (Lexus)
* Hair styling at Edward Wadsworth
* Tattoo work at Forbidden Body Art
6. New prizes will continually be added. Stay tune for the latest updates.