Five Rings Jiu Jitsu is committed to:
- Constantly redefining the approach to training and coaching Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Making Jiu Jitsu accessible to all people
- Embracing the contrasting spectrum of life—between cultures, ideas and concepts, young and old, gi and no-gi, sport and fitness, hobby and lifestyle
- Foster the warrior spirit, acknowledging and training the physical fitness component of performance, as well as the mental discipline needed to excel.
- Maintaining a balanced tension between traditional simplicity and modern innovation.
- Explore and incorporate what works; Greco-Roman, wrestling, judo. Anything to strengthen our art. We constantly question, test, throw away and refine our knowledge and skills.
- Respecting the martial nature of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and the self defense applicability to our art
- Encouraging critical thinking and thoughtful reflection in all that we do.
- Performance driven results.